Serve as a key member of the Naval Technologies team in direct support of company goals and objectives. Provide leadership for multi-organization research and development and technology transfer programs conducted for government and industry clients. Responsible for successful execution of program and contract, meeting or exceeding client expectations, customer relationship management, and identifying and pursuing new business with current clients and partners.
- Proposes, participates in, develops and executes contract research and development projects and programs.
- Adapts the ATI financial management processes to the unique needs of customer projects.
- Develops the measurements and analyses to integrate scope, costs, and schedule measures and assess performance.
- Delivers technical presentations to audiences ranging from 20-300 people.
- Responsible for multiple projects on one or more programs.
- Provides collaborative leadership, facilitation and interface among supported customers, vendors and users.
- Conducts program briefings to industry, academia and government.
- Serves as primary point of contact for information regarding the acquisition and application of program technology.
- Coordinates technology transfer for the program.
- Defines content and manages implementation of program website(s).
- Participates in program/project awards, kickoffs and debriefs.
- Directs and manages initiatives specific to acquiring and evaluating technology.
- Serves as project monitor for selected efforts.
- Coordinates with the Business Division Manager on initiatives, priorities and outreach activities.
- Identifies and assists in targeting related opportunities and leveraging funds from other organizations.
- Assists in development of business proposals.
- Serves as liaison between Company Contracts staff and contracting/financial operations of designated program(s).
- Assist with business development activities as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manages the development and submission of proposals, organizes the proposal and project team, and develops and leads the cost estimating process.
- Supports and participates in the evaluation of new business and market opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the program and business unit managers.
- Utilize Knowledge Management database tools on consistent basis.
- Degree in Engineering, Science or a related field preferred, with six or more years of strong experience in the operation, planning and performance of programs and projects involving manufacturing and/or process improvement technology.
- Background in the manufacturing techniques for construction of ships or aircraft components preferred.
- Working knowledge of technology applications, practices and standards for Department of Defense systems, as well as experience in technical program management desired.
- Independent, self-directed worker, team player, problem solver and experienced leader.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentations, technical reports, meeting management and work group management.
- Ability to travel at company discretion (approximately 20%).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance – US Citizenship is required
- This position is subject to a background check that includes a review of criminal records. In reviewing an applicant’s criminal history, the company will consider prior criminal convictions that have a relationship to the job duties and responsibilities of the position. The company considers the nature of the crime, the time that has elapsed since the crime and the job duties for the position at issue in making an individualized determination. Individuals may be excluded when the company determines, based on the above factors, that hiring, transferring or promoting the applicant would pose an unreasonable risk to the business, its employees or its customers and vendors.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular physical activity to include walking, bending, stooping, reaching, standing and prolonged sitting.
- Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally move/lift up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- This position is located in an air-conditioned, environmentally controlled atmosphere, and occasionally attend meetings in technology company environments.
Noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be available for frequent travel (~20%) to customer, industry partners, and collaboration events on a regular basis. Most travel will be coordinated a minimum of two weeks prior to the event.
- ATI is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and all other protected classes.
- Apply at ATI.ORG; we only accept applications submitted through our applicant tracking system.
If you require accommodations to complete this application, please contact Human Resources at (843) 760-4350