Responsible for overseeing payroll, cash reporting, tax compliance and reporting, compliance monitoring, audit interface, and overall financial support as needed.Apply at ATI.ORG; we only accept applications submitted through our applicant tracking systemEssential Functions
- Oversee all aspects of internal payroll processing including monthly, quarterly, annual reporting.
- Prepare payroll AP vouchers.
- Set up /Verify/Review new states for proper tax liability, registrations and remit cycle.
- Update rates for annual increase and other rate adjustments throughout the year.
- Set up new Payroll accounts that are needed, new deduction codes, and pay types.
- Quarterly review of payroll accounts for correctness, identification of issues, research / resolve, and validate for Fiscal Year end.
- Quarterly review of Insurance benefit invoices for participants to payroll deductions.
- Review annual reports for W2 processing. Assure accurate and prompt filings by current deadlines.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Prepare recurring, non-recurring and reversing general journal entries on a monthly basis. Enter and/or review accounting transactions.
- Direct all aspects of cash management and banking, including establishing and maintaining bank accounts appropriate to support operations, bank reconciliations, daily deposits, cash receipts and disbursements and reconciliations to the GL.
- Responsible for providing information requested for annual audits.
- Participates in strategic planning regarding achievement of company objectives.
- Train Accounting Specialist(s) in essential functions.
- Researches various financial issues, assesses impact to financial statements, evaluates options and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Assists in compliance monitoring and development of risk management plan.
- Monitor changes in financial environment and regulations.
- Develop policies, procedures and desk manuals related to Treasury functions.
- Assists in the evaluation and implementation of internal controls.
- Manages overall tax compliance and reporting.
- Audit preparation and auditor interface.
- MBA/M.S. with three years of experience or B.S. degree with five years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five or more years’ experience managing payroll functions in a medium or large size company.
- Thorough understand of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Proficiency with computers and computer software, including accounting applications and MS Office suite.
- Prior experience overseeing internal and external audits.
- Ability to communicate clearly, in verbal and written forms, formally and informally at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve complex issues in a professional manner.
- Ability to interpret multiple sources of diverse data, provide conclusions and make recommendations.
- Ability to read and interpret contracts.
- Proven skills in teamwork and individual responsibility to accomplish goals.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Must successfully pass a background check to access sensitive personnel information and to access secure holding areas that contain sensitive data.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to access areas that contain sensitive personnel and financial data.
- Ability to build trust and maintain confidentiality of sensitive personal information.
- Employee must be a U.S. citizen by birth or naturalization, or a green card lawful U.S. permanent resident, or a political asylum in the U.S. Individual must meet the definition of “a U.S. person” upon hire due to the risk assessment of this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Regular physical activity to include walking, bending, stooping, reaching, standing and prolonged sitting.
Ability to speak, read, hear, and write, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax, and other office equipment.
Must be able to occasionally move/lift up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
This position is located in an air-conditioned, environmentally controlled atmosphere. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Distraction level in the work environment is moderate.
ATI is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
Apply at ATI.ORG; we only accept applications submitted through our applicant tracking system.
If you require accommodations to complete this application, please contact Human Resources at (843)760-4350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.